Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Strong Passwords: How to Create and Use Them

            Now this post is a pretty obvious one but I am still going to talk about strong passwords. From personal experience, I have not always chosen the best passwords for websites and important information. With this post, it will help me and also you to create and use strong password. That way, no way will anyone steal your information from websites and you get hacked. It will be useful as with the other posts from before, for online safety!


          
          The experts say that for a successful strong password it should be 14 characters when allowed. To me that is a lot to remember but I guess if it results in my transactions online not being hacked, I will try it! The experts also say that, you should use a variety of letters from all over the keyboard. That way people trying to steal your password, will have a harder time trying to figure out what your password is. To trick the people trying to hack you, think of something that is meaningful to you so that you remember. Then add numbers to the thing and tada! You have a strong password. That might sound confusing so I will give an example. Lets say that I have a puppy named Sparky. Well I can take that name and add my initials and my birthday number. It would end up being, FaSs12S1p6a1r9k9y1. Now that is longer then 14 characters but you see how capital letters, lower cased letters, and numbers are all throughout the password. I hope this post did successfully help you create a stronger password!




 http://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to-create-strong-passwordsand-remember-them.html
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/fraud/passwords/create.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment